Working for this iconic organisation based in the heart of E14 you will be providing administrative assistance to the Payroll Team Manager on a six month fixed term contract basis.
- Payroll administration, including:
- New employee and leaver administration
- Employee loans
- Implementation of all updates to the Payroll system
- SSP administration
- SMP and Occupational Maternity Pay administration
- Court orders, CSA and other Attachment of Earnings orders
- Manual salary calculations
- Obtaining authorisation for payments and, on occasion, taking these to the bank
- General filing
- To check Payroll reports and implement “Payroll Return” procedures.
- To give advice to staff on Payroll related queries, where appropriate
- Assist with liaison with outside agencies, e.g. HMRC, Jobcentre Plus, CSA, Bank, etc., including completion of any enquiry forms and answering and relevant queries.
- Assist with reconciliation and payment of PAYE and National Insurance Contributions.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department and deal with any queries in a timely fashion.
- To assist with tax year end procedures.
- To support and assist to the Payroll team, where appropriate.
- To distribute payslips to employees.
- To assist with benefits administration, e.g. gym membership, season tickets.
- Ad-hoc duties, as deemed necessary by the Payroll Team Manager or Head of Payroll & Pensions.
Health, Safety And Welfare Responsibilities:
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy in the Administrative Rules and Procedures, and the Health, Safety & Welfare Manual.
All Staff are required to follow the Company Environmental Policies for minimisation of waste and effective energy management as defined in the Company Environmental Manual and associated documents.
Quality Management Responsibilities:
All staff are required to comply with Compnay Quality Management System requirements detailed within the Company Quality Manual & Policies, and to ensure that all Procedure; Plans and Forms within InfoBase are effectively implemented to meet the set ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Standard.
- 5 A-C Grade GCSEs, including Maths and English.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with a requirement to ensure confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help others, as well as being able to work on own initiative at times.
- Flexible, organised and calm approach is essential, together with good time management skills
- Must have an excellent eye for detail.
- Several years Payroll experience is essential, working with varying pay cycles an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Experience of SD Worx Source Payroll and/or Workday Payroll is an advantage.